The State Government has formally commenced the long‑awaited sale process for the Western Australian TAB through the release of the Expression of Interest (EOI) to the market.
The open and competitive market process will require potential operators to demonstrate their operational capability and financial capacity to conduct wagering as well as confirm they understand the important relationship to be maintained with the local racing industry.
The deal will preserve operational funding for the racing industry and provide for a dedicated racing infrastructure fund from 35 per cent of the net sale proceeds. The State Government will dedicate the remaining 65 per cent of net sale proceeds to a new women's and maternity hospital in Perth.
It is expected that the new wagering operator will be appointed by mid‑2020. Read more
To access the EOI, visit http://www.tenders.wa.gov.au