- The state government has today released a background paper and strategy document intended to "modernise the public library system to better meet the diverse and evolving needs of the community".
- A single access card and management system that would allow users to borrow an item at any public library in WA;
- New model to support public library service delivery in WA;
- A new model to support regional and remote library services to ensure equal access to library services across the State;
- Improved governance systems, including the development of new legislation to guide public library services; and
- A system to measure and assess the impact and value of public library services on individuals and communities.
The strategy was developed following research and consultation with key partners including the State Library of WA, Public Libraries Western Australia, Western Australian Local Government Association and local government authorities.
Electronic copies of the background paper and strategy, together with a survey to collect feedback, are available at https://www.slwa.wa.gov.au/about-us/corporate/public-libraries-partnership