Falling under FutureNow’s training package coverage, these include 12 farriery units of competency and all of the racing units under the following headings:
- Work in Industry/Manage Career and Business;
- Care and Health of Horses;
- Harness Racing;
- Riding (and Preparation);
- Educate/Train Horse;
- Stewards, Track Operations, Swabbing; and
- Skill Set Units, and Race Day Units.
- Apply knowledge of horse behaviour;
- Minimise incidents and injuries from falling from a horse; and
- Manage partnership between new worker or participant and horse.
The draft units will be available on the Skills Impact website for stakeholder consultation until Friday 31 March.